Sedition is the leading platform committed to showcasing and selling art exclusively for screens. Since 2011 we have published more than 4,000 artworks from world renowned and emerging artists. Including artists like Tracey Emin, Bill Viola, Mat Collishaw and Yoko Ono. Currently, we are seeking to build a playback package to allow Sedition to become more accessible to all users. Enabling us to massively expand our platform by reaching more screens globally.
We are looking for a lead designer who wants to work in a company where main focus is on art and aesthetic. You will be trusted to make Sedition website and apps outstanding.
What will you do
- You will be ultimately responsible for design at Sedition
- Create an improved look for our website
- Design for different platforms: web, iOS, Android, Apple TV and even custom hardware
- Create a style guide and a flexible component library
- Manage high-priority brand and marketing projects
- Establish design consistency and quality across all product components
- Collaborate with the team in planning and prototyping product features and updates
What you will have
- Strong background in visual design, interaction design, and UX
- Real-world experience designing mobile apps
- Knowledge of latest developments in web design and interaction
- A thoughtful, user-centred approach to design, with great attention to detail
- A portfolio that demonstrates an excellent understanding of web layout and typography
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Ability to clearly and convincingly communicate design decisions and tradeoffs
Other skills that we will find useful
- HTML & CSS knowledge: BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS, PostCSS, SASS and LESS make sense to you
- Used to work with InVision.
- Have experience in advertising & analytics
- Have experience in physical product design.
What we offer
- Generous compensation — sort all the perks yourself or save it for the greater good
- High impact job — test your decisions in the wild and learn
- Expand your skills — spend some time working in other areas of your interest, eg. ads, coding, analytics
- Flexible schedule — work when you’re most productive, take a holiday when you need one
- Occasional company trips — catch up with the team and world of art